There is really nothing quite like driving across the desert.
It is flat and it is brown. The road is straight.
I know there are people who love the desert and I've seen the nature shows extolling the wonders and the beauty of the sand, rocks, cactus, and critters. But those wonders get lost entirely at 60 MPH.
Plus, the darned thing goes on and on and on.
I got a bunch of audio bookes while in San Clemente and was grateful to be accompanied by James Patterson yesterday.
I'm also grateful for 21st Century technology. It makes it possible for me to conduct my regular business on the phone while driving. And I pulled off the road for 20 minutes, got caught up on all my email corresondence, checked sales reports, etc. Wireless Broadband Internet technology rocks.
Landed in Needles, CA in the late afternoon. I specifically wanted to stay at a place on the Colorado River. Haven't been on or in the River since college or law school, I think.
The pictures below don't really do it justice, but in its own deserty, rivery way, this little RV Park in Needles it is really quite lovely and peaceful. In the summer, I imagine it's insane.
Home - For The Night
The View From My Place
Up River
I'm writing this early Thursday morning. I'll head out of here this morning and don't really know where I'll end up today. There's a "fork" in the road at Flagstaff and I'll wait 'till I get there to decide which branch to take. It will depend, to some extent, on how things are going in my business life at that point.
Whichever direction I chose and whereever I stay tonight, the nighttime temp will be in the 30's or less and the daytime high probably around 70.
Change. That's really what it's all about anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment