Let's start with the tennis, OK?
Randy. He's the Tournament Guy From Bakersfield that I mentioned yesterday.
We played at the Bakersfield Racquet Club Saturday morning and again today - Sunday.
This is a venerable old club, founded in 1948, that has a lot of history. Plus it's a good modern facility and I'm grateful that I've found Randy and have had the chance to play there. In their Junior Tournament days, I remember my daughters playing at this club, too. A beautiful place.
Bakersfield Racquet Club
Both Saturday and Sunday mornings were absoluely gorgeous. I expected the place to be jam packed.
Randy and I were there practically by ourselves on Saturday and literally by ourselves Sunday. Beats me where all their members were?
Anyhow, I had a blast playing with Randy again. He's a ferocious competitor while being a gentleman in the process. He's quick around the court and hits both forehands and backhands with tremendous pace and spin, often creating unmanageable angles.
We ended up playing 6 sets - 2 Saturday (I had to go to the radio show) and 4 today. Final score: 4-2 or 2-4, depending how you look at it. You'll have to use your imagination about who may have won more sets. As far as I'm concerned, it does not matter one bit. We got 2 good workouts, enjoyed some good fellowship, beat on each other as best we could, laughed a lot, and had a ton of fun.
Thanks, Randy, for having me over to your club. I probably won't have a racket in my hands again until December, so I appreciate you accomodating my schedule so we could get in some hits. I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again next time I'm in Bakersfield.
Good luck in Las Vegas.
This is Randy
(Whoa...this is a shock. I never saw Randy without his hat on before.
The glasses are actually just tatooed on there. They never come off.)
__________________________________
Now, mid afternoon on Sunday, I've been doing some work and updating my Travel Blog, Frank had some old legal business to take care of this morning and is napping right now, and Connie is doing her best to mother me which I resist but 100% appreciate.
Don't know what's in store for the rest of the day, but I'm sure it will be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment