Wow.
It seems like it's been a long time since I've updated my blog. Here's why. It has been.
And I'm writing today about Thanksgiving in retrospect.
The day before Thanksgiving, Char's (Char is my dad's wonderful wife, in case you've lost track along the way here) sister, Nancy, and her cousin, Karen came down for the Holiday.
Nancy is known in the familiy as "the one who cooks." I now know why.
That seemed like plenty to me leading up to the Thanksgiving Feast....but oh, boy, was I wrong. These midwesterners can eat.
First thing next morning, it was stacks and stacks of bacon and french toast.
And no sooner was that done and they started in on the Real Meal.
Thanksgiving Dinner
I can't even describe how great the Thanksgiving meal was. All the traditional stuff. And mounds of it. Excellent.
And, of course, the real joy in it all was being able to share it with Dad & Char, Nancy, & Karen.
The Kitchen Crew
Char, Karen, Nancy
The Rest Of The Family
Stormy (Dad & Char's Cat)
Dad & Char actually have another cat, Rainy, but she is hard to spot and impossible to photograph. I don't know where she hangs out, but I only saw her maybe twice the whole time I was there. Stormy won't sit on your lap, but she's always around and will come over for a pat or scratch now and agian.
Nancy's Dog, B.B.
Dad & Char's Dog, Toby
Toby is never far from my Dad's side. Since Dad's stroke, Toby became even closer. He follows Dad into the bathroom, obviously sensing something is wrong.
The next day, Friday, the girls were doing some yard maintenance, blowing and then buring piles of leaves, when one of the piles got out of control and we had a potential disaster on our hands. The wind came up unexpectedly and a big portion of the side of the hill behind the house was in flames.
Luckily, we managed to get it under control without having to call the fire department. A few more minutes and this could have run away in a flash. I'm very grateful that we were able to manage it quickly and efficiently or it could have been a huge disaster.
But, I will say it was exciting.
The Fire
No comments:
Post a Comment