Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chromo,CO - Standing Stone Ranch

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Got a nice light dusting of snow last night. It's supposed to keep snowing all day today and tonight.

We'll be continuing the "winterizing" projects today and tomorrow. I plan to leave on Friday and Jim and Debbie are aiming to hit the road on Monday. So there is lots to do quickly.

Meanwhile, I wanted you all to get a good look at Standing Stone Ranch. Not so much the 35 acreas of beautiful country....the Ranch House, itself.

I can imagine the images some of you reading this may have since I told you I was going to visit friends who built a log home. Perhaps visions of a porous, one room, shanty filled your head.

Wrong.

I'm not going to even attempt to describe it. You can see if for yourself.

Unfortunately, these picutures don't come close to doing it justice.

And I lack the vocabulary, particulary the superlatives, to relate what a magificent home Jim and Debbie have built for themselves here in Chromo. And I mean literally built by hand.

Plus, the home itself pales in comparison to the love, warmth, and gracious hospitality you'll find at Standing Stone.

And so, without further explanation and in no particlar order (and, by the way, this isn't everything by a long shot - just a representative sample)....


Behold - Standing Stone Ranch












No comments: