October 10, 2008
I've been thinking about my "Fall" trip for a few months now.
The main motivation is to go back to Camdenton, Mo. and spend some time with my dad.
When I first started thinking about it, gas was around $4.50/gal....something like that.
Ugh!
Just a quick calculation said, "Three Grand In Gas. Maybe more."
Given that I could fly back for about $500, it didn't seem like such a great idea.
However, I did not create my mobile home/office/full time RV lifestyle to sit around in one spot. Nor to fly.
I created it to travel by land and to experience America....see the sites...live the adventures of being in new places and doing new and different things.
Then....good news....gas started coming down and still is. When I figure either pay my rent for my current RV space or going through the agony of finding and paying for storage for a month or two, the motorhome trip became a better and better deal.
Also, driving it gives me the opportunity to visit some other special people on the way. Stick with me and you'll get to meet them.
Plus, on the way back there's a tennis tournament or two in the Scottsdale area that several of my tournament buddines always go play. So I figure I can speend a week or 2 in Arizona, too, and there's another experience - maybe even an adventure - right there.
So as of this writing....I'm getting ready for a nice 2/3 of the way across the country and back RV trip.
It's exciting just sitting here thinking about it.
1 comment:
Dad,
We had so much fun having you here for a few days. Cade especially enjoyed being with you at 4:00am and so did his mommy:) It sounds like you are having a great time with Connie and Frank. Travel safe and we love you!
V
Post a Comment