October 16, 2008
Getting more set.
Made a "final" decision (subject to change at my discretion) to GO.
Gas prices are down. Motorhome is in good shape other than the need for a couple of new tires.
I just put in a new battery and water pump.
And, for those of you who read my blog last year, you may remember something about the automatic choke mystery. Had to have that replaced, too - that one I could not do myself.
Work is busy, but manageable on the road.
Since I work 99% of the time from my cell phone and wireless Internet connection, it doesn't really much matter, geographically speaking, where I'm doing it from.
So I notified my dad yesterday that I was coming. He cried. A lot. And he already has me booked up for some Marine Corps Birthday events. It's the Corps 233rd Birthday on November 10th. My dad, a Marine Corps Fighter Pilot in the both WWII and Korea and a flight instructor in Pensacola for a time, started his own Marine Corps League in his tiny little town of Camdenton in the Ozazrk Mountains, on The Lake of the Ozarks, in the middle of Missouri. He started it 6 or 7 years ago I guess. And then he grew it. They have about 100 members now, I think. They participate in fund raising events for the community, march in parades in their Dress Blues, conduct military funerals, own their own building, and god knows what else. It was a sad day when Dad's Macular Degeneration forced him to stop driving and not be able to participate so much in the Marine Corps League. But his buddies are going to shuttle us around to several Birthday events when I get back there. More on that later.
So now that I told Dad I'm coming, there's no way to back out.
I'll be organizing everything for travel this weekend and plan to make the first little leg over to San Clemente to spend a few days with and say goodbye to my kids and grandkids on Tuesday, October 21.
My personal excitement to be "On The Road Again" builds.
No comments:
Post a Comment