October 21, 2008
Departure from Escondido on Tuesday, October 21, 2008.
I was a bit aggravated. Luckily, I live in the 21st Century.
Leading up to the take off, I was feeling kind of proud of myself for being so diligent and conscientious about travel safety/efficiency. Had my motorhome all fixed up….new battery, water pump, automatic choke replacement/repair, etc. I even washed it – which, by the say, is no small task. First stop was to get new front tires. All that sort of thing.
So I got everything organized, stowed, and secured for travel and drove out of my spot by the lake to an area where I could load up my motorcycle.
Lo and behold, when I went to start up the Honda, it wouldn’t start. The reliable Honda that always starts, so I hadn’t paid that much attention to it, wouldn’t start.
Seemed to be a battery problem.
Unloaded ½ the stuff in one of my storage compartments to get to the battery chargers, hooked up the Honda and just sat there and waited for a while.
Again, I say bless you 21st Century Technology because while waiting, I fired up my Lap Top and with it and the cell phone was in business as usual, getting stuff done, and not really missing a beat.
After a while I got the motorcycle going and loaded on its carry rack, went to the tire store and got my new tires put on, and headed to San Clemente for some family time with my daughters, Vanessa and Chelsea, and grandsons, Blake and Caden (“Cade”). My son-in-law, Brian, was on a business trip, so I didn’t really get to spend any time with him.
Smooth sailing to San Clemente.
1 comment:
Dexter. Thanks for sending me your blog link. Enjoyed your travels last year and hope you have a safe one.
Ron.
Post a Comment